Wednesday, May 11, 2005

0 Captain, my caption

Something tells me we'll be seeing an "altered" version of this photo at Fenway and on the Internet for years to come . . .



But the question I have is this: What was going through Derek Jeter's mind the precise moment the picture was taken? After close analysis, I've come up with a few possibilities:

"Whoa, hey now! Watch it there, Alex . . . you're touching my intangibles!"

"Geez, if I've told him once, I've told him a thousand times: Just because I'm the Captain doesn't mean he gets to be First Mate."

"When I said I'm impressed by Wang, I meant the pitcher, you idiot."

"When I said I'm impressed by Johnson, I meant the pitcher, you idiot."

"When I said I'm impressed by Moose . . . oh, never mind."

"I knew it was a mistake to watch 'Will and Grace' together last night."

"Those . . . aren't . . . pillows!"

"Uh-oh! Tino looks furious! I'm going to have some 'splaining to do. Note to self: Pick up Whitman's Sampler on the way home."

"Calgon, take me away!"

"Man, Brosius never pulled this $@%*. Where's Varitek when I need him?"