Saturday, February 26, 2005

Guard gone wild

The Celtics are in Phoenix tomorrow to take on the rising Suns, a run-fun-'n'-gun crew that is everything Danny Ainge wants his team to be.

I mention this because, while the suddenly intriguing Celtics are point-guard-free at the moment - Love the Glove! Come back, GP! - Phoenix, the best team in the West, is led by the best in the ballhandling business, MVP candidate Steve Nash.

Ask me, this is bound to be one of the varsity vs. jayvee blowouts - Phoenix beat the Boston by 9 on Jan. 28 at the FleetCenter, and the Celtics are far less formidable on the road.

In fact, I'd say the Celtics only chance of winning this game is if Nash is spending his Saturday night doing . . . oh . . . say . . . something like this . . .



and this . . .



A confession: I threw together this silly little post with the sole purpose of posting the now-legendary blasted-at-the-bar photos from Dirk and Steve's Excellent Adventure. Damned if they don't crack me up every single time.

I'll leave you with two questions:

Who's the plump, frat-boy-looking dude in the ballcap? (He's referred to as "Cheeks" in most captions, but I'm pretty sure he's not the Sixers' ex-point guard.)

And: How did we ever survive without the Internet?